[asterisk-users] Confbridge doesn't kick chan_local

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Mon Jun 3 11:52:46 CDT 2013

On 06/03/2013 08:11 AM, Chris Gentle wrote:
> I have a confbridge setup that feeds the conference from the ALSA
> microphone input (this is the conference leader) and then uses
> app_ices to send the conference audio to icecast.
>
> I start the conference leader like this:
>
> console dial 1000_admin at conferences
>
> I join the ices user to the confbridge with a call file:
>
> Channel:  Local/1000 at conferences
> MaxRetries: 2
> RetryTime: 60
> WaitTime: 30
> Context: conferences
> Extension: 1000_ices
>
> This all seems to work great until I need to kill the conference.  My
> confbridge user profile sets all users up with end_marked=yes so that
> they should be kicked when the leader exits.  The Local channel
> doesn't seem to exit properly:

<snip>

That is odd. ConfBridge doesn't really care about the channel
technology; if a Local channel joins with the same user profile as a SIP
channel, it should treat those channels in the same fashion.

Ices may be throwing it off here however. I'd try two different tests:

(1) Verify that with all 'normal' channel drivers, such as chan_sip,
that the Conference tears down correctly.

(2) Verify that a Local channel in an infinite wait gets ejected
properly and the conference tears down.

You can do that by:

exten => 1000_wait,1,Answer()
exten => 1000_wait,2,Wait(10000)
exten => 1000_wait,3,Hangup()

(Or something equally sinister)

If both (1) and (2) are successful, than there's some impact that the
Ices application is having on the Local channel that is messing up the
reference counting inside the ConfBridge. Otherwise, it's an error in
ConfBridge.

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan