[asterisk-users] missing build dependency / mISDNutils-devel and other errors

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Mon Jun 3 11:36:00 CDT 2013

Building from the source RPM I get an error

     mISDNuser-devel is needed

I was able to obtain all the other build dependencies from EPEL 6, but
that one doesn't appear to existing in EPEL or in packages.asterisk.org

I then tried adding --nodeps to the rpmbuild command:

   rpmbuild --rebuild --nodeps asterisk-11.4.0-1_centos6.src.rpm

Running as a normal user, the build fails on the line

   mv asterisk-sources-11.4.0-1_centos6.make.err /var/log/

due to the permissions on /var/log/

As a hack, I set the perms on /var/log/ to 0777 and try again and then
it fails with some "file not found" messages at the end of the build,
missing:
cdr_adaptive_odbc.so
cdr_odbc.so
cel_odbc.so
func_odbc.so
res_config_odbc.so
res_odbc.so

I checked my system, unixODBC-devel is present, so it appears to be a
build config issue with the spec file