[asterisk-users] Fiber or regular DSL Supported Gateways/PRI

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 09:01:14 CDT 2013

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to getting converged with the local ILEC here in Canada
(Bell or Telus), and was wondering if I can get some more information
about typical setups. DIDs and channel offerings from third party
clecs does not fit our business model and that's why we are looking to
purchasing phone numbers directly from the ILEC, and manging our own
PRIs for a convergence of sorts. My questions are:

* Do we need a T1/3 of DS3 connection setup, or can we function of
regular IPX, DSL, Fiber...
* If we can function on a regular fiber or DSL connection, which media
gateways provide a WAN interface for such a connection, or will we
need a ethernet to T1 adapter to plug our connection to the appliance
(e.g.,  audiocodes or sangoma).

Finally, if you have recently setup such an interconnection, some
details on what to expect, options and so on would be greatly
appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Nick.