[asterisk-users] Asterisk CPU use

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Wed Jul 31 13:45:53 CDT 2013

On 13-07-29 10:22 AM, Eduardo Leones wrote:
> Hello, working in a call center where we set up a structure in asterisk.
> When my voip reaches 150 calls are with bad quality. We do not transcode
> codec. What I realized using the top command server (CentOS) processing is
> too high for the asterisk. But the general processor server is down. Would
> any limitation of Asterisk to use more hardware resources?

Your load average is insane.  Time to off load resources from your PBX,
for example why are you running httpd?  You need to figure out where
your bottleneck is and then adjust it.

Using something like iotop, netstat and see what your system is doing.

I doubt this is a CPU issue.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)