[asterisk-users] Multi-homed SIP in Asterisk 11?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.co.uk
Wed Jul 31 09:32:46 CDT 2013

Most of my experience until recently has been in Asterisk 1.2, and I am
just starting to make use of Asterisk 11 for new systems.

I have a question about using SIP on a multi-homed machine.

I have a customer who wants an Asterisk box with two network interfaces:
one on the public Internet (no NAT), and one on a private LAN. The box
will not do any IP forwarding between interfaces. They want to connect
to a SIP trunk from an ITSP via the public interface, and to have SIP
phones on their LAN registered via the private interface.

I haven't tried such a setup before, so before creating a test system,
I wondered if anyone here has made such a setup, and whether there are
any issues with getting SDP contents and media routing correct?

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield