[asterisk-users] Dahdi interface flapping

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Tue Jul 30 09:56:34 CDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 10:36:58AM -0400, Andre Goree wrote:

> I seem to be having an issue with the configuration of my PRI on a new
> asterisk server I've created to replace an old install that I have.
> The card is Digium Wildcard TE133.

In case you haven't, you should feel free to contact Digium customer
support with installation assistance with your new card.

http://www.digium.com/en/support/contact

> I've posted the configs and the output of a 'pri debug' below.  Please
> let me know if I should include anything else to help troubleshoot.
> I've tried both a standalone conifguration as well as the Dahdi module
> in FreePBX, results with the same error(s).
>
> /etc/dahdi/system.conf:
> span=1,0,0,ESF,B8ZS
> bchan=1-23
> dchan=24
> loadzone=us

I think the span line above is wrong. I think you want:

span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs

The second 1 indicates that the span should recover the clock from
the remote side (which should be your provider). However, normally
when you have the timing misconfigured like this you'll get HDLC
aborts, and not just the PRI going up and down.

So before looking into any more or contacting customer support, it
might be easy to change that one line and see if the behavior is
different.

--
Shaun Ruffell
Digium, Inc. | Linux Kernel Developer