[asterisk-users] Connected Line presentation in 1.8.x upwards

Kevin Larsen kevin.larsen at pioneerballoon.com
Mon Jul 29 10:55:21 CDT 2013

From:   Steve Davies <davies147 at gmail.com>
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>,
Date:   07/29/2013 10:53 AM
Subject:        [asterisk-users] Connected Line presentation in 1.8.x
upwards
Sent by:        asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com

Hi,

I've searched the asterisk.org and voip-info wiki sites, but not found an
answer that seems to match.

Hopefully this is a simple question. COLP is working very well on our
system - Unfortunately it is working a bit TOO well in some circumstances.
We have some "untrusted" trunks. On these trunks, an initial CallerID can
be used, but any redirected caller numbers, COLP updates etc are not safe
to accept. Sadly I cannot find how to cause COLP updates to be ignored for
a trunk.

I need solutions for SIP, IAX and DAHDI, what options do I have? This
applies to both in- and out-bound calls.

Are there some variables that I can set just before dialling an outbound
call, and immediately on receiving an inbound call to determine what the
callerID values will be for the entire duration of the call? (ie.
old-style pre-COLP behaviour for specific trunks)

Thanks for any pointers.

Regards,
Steve

I believe what you are looking for in Dial is the 'I' option.