[asterisk-users] asterisk 1.4 freezes with queues and iax after virtualization

samuel samu60 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 06:15:33 CDT 2013

Hi folks,

Recently a customer of us moved his "old" asterisk installation, an 1.4.44
to a VMWARE infraestructure and has started having some weird issues.

Asterisk started going slow and even refused to start up. After few tests,
it only loaded when deactivating queues and iax2 (with noload in modules
file). The thing is that it had been working with these modules loaded and
lately it just freezes when trying to use these modules.

We've made some checks to the server and there seems to be no issues with
load, with swap, with wait (disk access), or other server parameters.

Could it be some timing issues? How could we debug further the issue?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Samuel.