[asterisk-users] limitation on number of contexts in extensions.conf

Kamlesh Kumar kamlesh_kmr at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 29 01:59:57 CDT 2013

but it seems that value of variable defined in external file is not getting populated during the dialplan execution.

My example:

extract from one external file in /etc/asterisk/abc.conf

PROV=1.2.3.4
[abc]
exten => _1X.,1,Dial(SIP/${PROV}/${EXTEN})

and extensions.conf contains:
[globals]
#include "abc.conf"

if call is made by the user of abc context, variable ${PROV} is having empty value. Please suggest where is the problem.

Thanks,
Kamlesh