[asterisk-users] LUA

Jacob.E.Miles at L-3Com.com Jacob.E.Miles at L-3Com.com
Thu Jul 18 09:34:47 CDT 2013

I am attempting to setup my server to use Lua for the dialplan (extentions.lua), but I am unable to get the asterisk configure script to find the installation of Lua on my box.  I have downloaded the Lua sources from the www.lua.org <http://www.lua.org/>  site, and I have installed via the “make linux install” command.  I can execute lua scripts via the command line, but asterisk configure script is unable to find the installation of Lua.

I am on a closed network, so no access to the internet so I am not able to just install Lua using yum.

you're kidding right ? Why not just plug in the box somewhere else, do your install and move it back ?

OS CentOS 6.4
Asterisk version 1.8.13.0 & 11.4

$ find / -name *lua*
/usr/local/include/lua.h
/usr/local/include/lua.hpp
/usr/local/include/lualib.h
/usr/local/include/luaconf.h
/usr/local/lib/lua
/usr/local/lib/liblua.a
/usr/local/bin/luac
/usr/local/bin/lua
/usr/lib64/liblua-5.1.so
/usr/bin/luac
/usr/bin/lua

Jacob Miles
Software Engineer
jacob.e.miles at l-3com.com <mailto:jacob.e.miles at l-3com.com>
903.457.4422

While a valid question, I have worked with clients on a closed military base where temporarily moving a box that has been secured back to an unsecured network would get you thrown off base and most likely result in criminal charges being filed. Not saying that is what Jacob is up against, but there are reasons that once a box is put somewhere you can't just move it back.

This is very close to why I am unable to move the box to an open network connection.  As well I do not have access to create/install my own yum repo, I am stuck using the box as it is.  Is there a reason why the configure script does not find Lua in its default installation directory?  Yes, I know that some distros package managers will install packages into difference locations based on how the install package was configured and created.  But as a default I would think the configure script should look for items where the actual developer of product places them via their install script.

What steps would I need to do to get the configure script to look in the correct location for a default installation of Lua from source.  Or what location is the configure script looking for the Lua file to be in and I can manually move them to where asterisk is looking.  Maybe the files are in the correct location but are named differently than what the script is looking for?

Jacob