[asterisk-users] LUA

Patrick Lists asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 18 09:29:31 CDT 2013

On 07/18/2013 03:56 PM, Jacob.E.Miles at L-3Com.com wrote:
> I am attempting to setup my server to use Lua for the dialplan
> (extentions.lua), but I am unable to get the asterisk configure script
> to find the installation of Lua on my box.  I have downloaded the Lua
> sources from the www.lua.org site, and I have installed via the “make
> linux install” command.  I can execute lua scripts via the command line,
> but asterisk configure script is unable to find the installation of Lua.

That's probably because Asterisk is not looking in /usr/local.

> I am on a closed network, so no access to the internet so I am not able
> to just install Lua using yum.

You should have downloaded the lua RPMs to e.g. your laptop, then copy
them to your Asterisk box with e.g. a USB stick and then install the Lua
RPMs on your Asterisk box with:

$ sudo yum install ./lua*

You can find the CentOS 6.4 x86_64 Lua RPMs here:

http://mirror.stanford.edu/yum/pub/centos/6.4/os/x86_64/Packages/

Regards,
Patrick