[asterisk-users] LUA

Kevin Larsen kevin.larsen at pioneerballoon.com
Thu Jul 18 09:04:04 CDT 2013

From:   jon pounder <jonp at inline.net>
To:     asterisk-users at lists.digium.com,
Date:   07/18/2013 09:00 AM
Subject:        Re: [asterisk-users] LUA
Sent by:        asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com

On 07/18/2013 09:56 AM, Jacob.E.Miles at L-3Com.com wrote:
I am attempting to setup my server to use Lua for the dialplan
(extentions.lua), but I am unable to get the asterisk configure script to
find the installation of Lua on my box.  I have downloaded the Lua sources
from the www.lua.org site, and I have installed via the “make linux
install” command.  I can execute lua scripts via the command line, but
asterisk configure script is unable to find the installation of Lua.

I am on a closed network, so no access to the internet so I am not able to
just install Lua using yum.

you're kidding right ? Why not just plug in the box somewhere else, do
your install and move it back ?

OS CentOS 6.4
Asterisk version 1.8.13.0 & 11.4

$ find / -name *lua*
/usr/local/include/lua.h
/usr/local/include/lua.hpp
/usr/local/include/lualib.h
/usr/local/include/luaconf.h
/usr/local/lib/lua
/usr/local/lib/liblua.a
/usr/local/bin/luac
/usr/local/bin/lua
/usr/lib64/liblua-5.1.so
/usr/bin/luac
/usr/bin/lua

Jacob Miles
Software Engineer
jacob.e.miles at l-3com.com
903.457.4422

While a valid question, I have worked with clients on a closed military
base where temporarily moving a box that has been secured back to an
unsecured network would get you thrown off base and most likely result in
criminal charges being filed. Not saying that is what Jacob is up against,
but there are reasons that once a box is put somewhere you can't just move
it back.