[asterisk-users] AMI timeouts

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Thu Jul 18 06:32:14 CDT 2013

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 3:40 AM, Alexander Frolkin <avf at eldamar.org.uk>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > When you execute an Originate action, are you doing so synchronously or
> > asynchronously?
> >
> > A synchronous Originate performs the full outbound dial operation on the
> > thread servicing the AMI request. Since each session in AMI gets its own
> > thread that services both actions and events, a synchronous Originate can
> > block that session from receiving events until it completes.
>
> I may be misunderstanding, but would your suggestion be to open a new
> AMI connection for each action?  (Or at least each action that can
> block.)

Not at all. The Originate action has a parameter 'async' that, when present
and set to True, will not block the thread servicing the AMI session.

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+11+ManagerAction_Originate

I would suggest setting that field to True in your Originate actions.

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager