[asterisk-users] Jitter buffer on write side of channel

Eric Wieling EWieling at nyigc.com
Mon Jul 15 18:06:38 CDT 2013

It is a kind of time travel where you dejitter the packets before the packets have jitter.

The correct place to remove jitter is on the receiving endpoint.    The jitterbuffer settings are most useful for things like voicemail, recordings, meetme, etc where Asterisk is endpoint.  Even then, only the received audio needs to be dejittered.