[asterisk-users] PoE L3 Switches

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Mon Jul 15 10:46:19 CDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Eric Wieling <EWieling at nyigc.com> wrote:

> Unless it runs IOS, I don't think most of us would consider that box a
> "Cisco"   Likely it is a Cisco branded switch with Linksys hardware, i.e.
> consumer grade stuff.

They work well in small business.  They have a command line that looks and
feels like IOS, though I have no idea if it is or not.

Note that there is a confirmed bug with LLDP and auto-VLAN on the SF/SG
switches and I haven't heard that they fixed it.  If you have phones with
CDP, or manually provision VLANs, or don't use VLANs, then no problem.
 They work great and are reliable.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve