[asterisk-users] PoE L3 Switches

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Mon Jul 15 10:35:25 CDT 2013

On Sun, July 14, 2013 18:36, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> Hello;
>
> Anyone used PoE L2 network switches other than cisco and recommend
> this for us? We need it to be stable and costly effective.
>
> Regards
> Bilal

We use multiple Cisco SG100D-08P eight-port POE unmanaged switches
with each located close to the end users, often on their desks.  These
devices are relatively cheap, seem to work well, and provide four POE
ports plus four standard Ethernet ports.  We find that this
arrangement works for two or three employee work centres on each
switch.

So, it is a Cisco solution which you deprecate. However, it does work
and it is both inexpensive and flexible.  If distributing power from a
central location over Ethernet is an absolute requirement then these
probably are not what you want.

Canada  L8E 3C3