[asterisk-users] AMI timeouts

Alexander Frolkin avf at eldamar.org.uk
Mon Jul 15 07:33:13 CDT 2013

> What would be a reasonable delay time?  In the case I'm looking at right
> now, the longest I can see is 7.2s.
>
> Looking in the Java app logs, I can see it occasionally (166 times over
> the last two weeks) timing out after five retries, which means it failed
> to get a response to any of the retries within three seconds.

The view of the person who wrote the Java app is that "three seconds is
a long time": if an agent presses the "pause" button in their GUI,
during those three seconds, they may receive a call.

He says that when this system first went live, his app received
increasing call volume, though it could be something else.

Alex