[asterisk-users] analog phone digit delay

Chad Wallace cwallace at lodgingcompany.com
Thu Jul 11 16:05:10 CDT 2013

On Thu, 11 Jul 2013 13:53:27 -0700
Justin Killen <jkillen at allamericanasphalt.com> wrote:

> They won't catch, no (because of priority), but they do match, which
> is enough to trigger the 3 second timeout instead of the 8 second.
> So, if you pickup and dial 1, then you will only get 3 seconds
> (instead of 8) to type in the next digit before it considers it
> done.  The issue I am describing is compounded by the fact that the
> patter is _X. instead of _X but the core issue is the same - only
> getting 3 second inter-digit timeouts instead of 8.

Well, if you want an 8 second inter-digit timeout, you can do that by
changing the DAHDI source.  If you don't have any ambiguity in your
extensions, you'll never have anyone waiting 8 seconds after they've
finished dialing, because once they've dialed a valid number (which
would match only one extension), it continues instantly without any
timeout at all.

So it looks like you'll need both fixes--and then you can have it all.