[asterisk-users] Upgrade from 10.2.4 to 11.4.x, the Reader's Digest version?

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Wed Jul 10 20:38:05 CDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 5:35 PM, Mike Diehl <mdiehlenator at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm contemplating an upgrade from 10.2.4 to 11.4.x.  However, the
> 1.8.x to 10.4.x upgrade was painful; some of the modules had been
> renamed, if I recall correctly.
>
> So, is there a list of MAJOR changes and GOTCHA's between 10.x and
> 11.x?  I'm hoping for something a little less granular than the
> release notes from 10.2.x to 11.4.x.  I don't mind reading, but that
> is almost as long as War and Peace!
>
> Does such a document exist, or do I need to start reading......

Upgrade notes:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Upgrading+to+Asterisk+11

While the upgrade notes cover changes to configuration and module status,
it is also a good idea to read through what is new:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/New+in+11

I wouldn't say it is "War and Peace", but yes, there is some content in
there.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager