[asterisk-users] Asterisk 11 security log, fail2ban, drive-by SIP attacks

Giles Coochey giles at coochey.net
Mon Jul 8 06:46:22 CDT 2013

Just a note that I did a little work to extend FreePBX distro with some
extra Fail2Ban which deals with some drive-by SIP registration attempts.

My regex is poor to middling, but the steps detailed here:
http://www.coochey.net/?p=61 manage to stop IPs which try to
authenticate against Asterisk which FreePBX were not able to stop before.

I would welcome any improvements anyone would care to submit and I'll
extend the article a little.

The changes need the Asterisk security log feature, which I think was
only introduced in later versions of Asterisk (e.g. v11).

--
Regards,

Giles Coochey, CCNP, CCNA, CCNAS
NetSecSpec Ltd