[asterisk-users] Asterisk + iaxmodem + hylafax makes sometimes wedged for hylafax

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Fri Jul 5 18:03:58 CDT 2013

>>>>> "GF" == Gianni Fioretta <gianni.fioretta at yetopen.it> writes:

GF> disallow=all
GF> allow=alaw

Given that, the sip leg will only permit alaw.  The fact that the log
showed no common codec means the other side did not include alaw in
the codecs it offered.

Perhaps for some destinations it will only offer ulaw?

A sip debug or packet trace would show what it offered.

I don't see anything in the iax.conf to explain the deadlock(?).

Perhaps iax debug output, and/or a packet trace of the iax might explain it?

I do recall some posts in the past about issues with sip<->iax
conversion.  I don't remember *how* far in the past, or whether
debian/ ubuntu's 1.8 might be affected.

I'd run rasterisk -n in a script session, run 'sip set debug on'
and 'iax2 set debug on' and wait for a modem to stop responding.

(It might be a good idea to run script on a larger box and ssh
into the asterisk box w/in the script session if the asterisk
box has limited storage.  The debug output could get LARGE before
a modem stops.)

The script command is in the bsdutils package (apt-get install bsdutils).

-JimC