[asterisk-users] Custom dial plan for internal transfers of external calls

Rusty Newton rnewton at digium.com
Fri Jul 5 16:06:37 CDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 1:24 PM, James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>wrote:

> It is evident from the trace that the context [set-alert-if-local] is
> not entered on internal transfers and I lack the experience to
> understand why.  Can someone here enlighten me as to what is going on
> in this instance and how I should change my contexts in order to check
> for internal transfers of external calls?

Without complete log of the calls involved, and no DEBUG type messages it's
a little hard to tell exactly whats going on.

Upon initiating a SIP transfer, Asterisk should look for the extension
dialed in the context of the peer/user that initiated the transfer.

Look at the SIP configuration for the peer/user doing the transfer, look at
the context configured for it and see if that context includes the context
you are wanting execution to happen in.

If that still doesn't answer the problem, then turn up DEBUG messages to
level 5 and see where the call is going at the moment of transfer.

--

Rusty Newton
Digium, Inc. | Community Support Manager445 Jan Davis Drive NW -