[asterisk-users] Queue questions - Asterisk 11

Satish Barot satish4asterisk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 08:07:48 CDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 2:37 PM, Administrator TOOTAI <admin at tootai.net>wrote:

> Hi Satish
>
> Le 03/07/2013 09:15, Satish Barot a écrit :
>

>> On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM, Administrator TOOTAI <admin at tootai.net<mailto:
>> admin at tootai.net>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi all,
>>
>>     I have to questions about queues. Member is a phone like
>>     SIP/myphone and only one member in the queue.
>>
>>     At first, DIALSTATUS doesn't return any status. How to now if a
>>     call in queue has been answered or if caller just hangup?
>>
>> Queue application uses QUEUESTATUS and not DIALSTATUS
>>

> QUEUESTATUS returns the status of the queue not the one from the dial
> command used in the queue. And there is no such information I'm looking for
> in QUEUESTATUS.
>
> Other clue?

Then you should add Local channel as a queue member and dial your SIP
member from Local channel context.  A little hint here. Suppose you have a
support queue configured in queues.conf

;queues.conf
[support]
... ...
member => Local/1000 at memberconnector,0,John Smith,SIP/1000
... ...
Now In your dialplan add a context for local channel,
[memberconnector]
exten => _X.,1,Noop(Connecting to Member at ${EXTEN})
same => n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN})
;Check the Dialstatus for Member
same => n,Noop(DIALSTATUS=${DIALSTATUS})

>>     Second, how to deal with timeout, I have strange behaviors. If I
>>     put timeout=60 in queue.conf and I call the queue passing also 60
>>     as timeout value, asterisk is returning after 5000ms the 4000 then
>>     2000 then 2000 aso. I can replace the 60sec value on both place,
>>     or 60 in queue conf and 10 when calling queue, I never have a
>>     stable behavior and more, not what I want.
>>
>>     Exemple: let say asterisk should try all 20 seconds to call the
>>     member for 8 seconds: how to configure this? What I found, is to
>>     put timeout=0 in queue conf and passing 20 to queue, so caller
>>     stays in queue 20 seconds before timeout. But asterisk rings 20
>>     seconds :-(
>>
>> A snippet from queues.conf...
>>  "A Queue has two different "timeout" values associated with it. One is
>> the  timeout parameter configured in queues.conf. This timeout specifies
>> the  amount of time to try ringing a member's phone before considering the
>> member to be unavailable. The other timeout value is the timeout argument
>> to the Queue() application. This timeout represents the absolute amount of
>> time to allow a caller to stay in the queue before the caller is removed
>> from the queue. "
>>
>> Correct me if I am wrong but if you want your caller to be in Queue for
>> 20 seconds and try calling member for 8 seconds you should have 20 as a
>> timeout argument in Queue application in your dialplan and in timeout in
>> queues.conf should be 8. Also check the 'retry' and 'timeoutpriority'
>> parameters for queues.conf
>>

> OK, I got it: parameter n was send to queue. Now everything is working
> like it should.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>

> --
> Daniel