[asterisk-users] sip register peer (the quest for near 100% availability)

joachim zoachien at securax.org
Thu Jan 31 10:14:17 CST 2013

>>     This is the answer. If 100% availability is critical, your IP
>>     addresses shouldn't be changing anyway, so take the registration
>>     process out entirely.
>>
>     This advice is not valid for android / iphones though.
>

> That's absurd. Why would you use a battery-powered smartphone if you
> are trying to have 100% availability?

 From what i understood from the original post, Xbrian is looking for a
way to work around broken phones that fail to register when they should.
I doubt his idea of 100% availability is the same as yours or he
would/should be using a different brand/model of phones.
+ The mobile phone will survive a power outage, because of the register
you could be behind NAT as it will open the bindings,  you can take it
to the bathroom etc.

I'm just trying to illustrate the possible advantages of a register
before XBbrian redoes his network config.