[asterisk-users] OT - Chan-mobile -Bluetooth dongle on remote LAN workstation

Christopher Harrington chris at acsdi.com
Thu Jan 31 09:42:25 CST 2013

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 4:15 AM, Olivier <oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> What I had in mind is to use someone's cellphone as a presence detector.
> Let me explain:
> - as the first thing you take along when leaving a room or location, is
> your own cellphone, why not use chan_mobile and a bluetooth dongle on your
> on PC (as you're not supposed to be within bluetooth range from an asterisk
> server ;-)) to advertise you're away from your desk
>
> - it seems that chan_mobile is not up to expectations for voice delivery
> but would it remain the same for presence detection, if may call it this
> way ?

What you're trying to do would probably be better served by interfacing
with AMI and firing an Originate command (
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+11+ManagerAction_Originate)
to trigger your dialplan and update presence state. Or use existing
software to accomplish the same thing locally on the PC by updating a
user's XMPP status, and have Asterisk subscribe to that.

--
-Chris Harrington
ACSDi Office: 763.559.5800