[asterisk-users] IVR Menu Sounds

Damien Hull dhull at section9.us
Wed Jan 30 19:57:19 CST 2013

I'm not an Asterisk expert at all. I used ASTLinux years ago. Asterisk was
already installed. Here's what I have this time.

Ubuntu 12.04
Asterisk installed from the Ubuntu package
Soft Phones that connect and work. I made a few test calls.
IVR Menu - This is the problem area...

I have an extension that goes to the IVR menu. It seems the correct sound
files are missing or not working. I don't hear anything. I also tried to
get the tt-monkeys file to play. That didn't work either.

Is there a sound package that I need to install?
Is there another package that I could be missing for IVR menus?

Note:
I'm not sure if the tt-monkeys is even installed on my system. I just
followed an example on a website.