[asterisk-users] Call abandoned from queue not showing in CDR (possible bug)

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Tue Jan 29 10:04:47 CST 2013

On Tue, 2013-01-29 at 08:32 -0600, Matthew Jordan wrote:
> On 01/29/2013 02:52 AM, Ishfaq Malik wrote:

> >> Do you have unanswered=yes set in cdr.conf?
> >>
> >> CDRs in Queues can depend heavily on your dialplan, whether or not the
> >> call is Answered prior to it going into the Queue, etc. What is the
> >> state of the inbound channel when it goes into the Queue?
> >>

> > unanswered=yes in the cdr.conf would have too many side effects for us
> > (i.e. a single cdr entry for each channel rung).
> >
> > To me this behaviour seems inconsistent with that of Dial. If I use dial
> > to call 3 peers and the caller abandons the call I will get a single CDR
> > entry with disposition NO ANSWER. Now if I use Queue to call the same 3
> > peers that are members of that queue and abandon the call, I get no cdr
> > entry at all.
> >
> > This to me seems wrong.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Ish
> >

> Hi Ish -
>
> The behaviour of CDRs in Queue can be interesting at times, and doesn't
> always match the behaviour of what occurs through Dial. In this
> particular case, because Queue doesn't Answer a call automatically for
> you, a lack of an Answer prior to going into Queue means the
> 'unanswered' logic kicks in for the CDRs. Hence, if a caller abandons a
> call attempt and no agent ever answered it, Queue/CDR code treats the
> call as never having been answered and, if you don't have unanswered=yes
> in your cdr.conf, will not log an entry.
>
> Note that there are a few other quirks with CDRs in queues in this and
> related scenarios, particularly when some of the members are busy (see
> ASTERISK-17776). We discussed making changes to this behaviour in
> release branches (see https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/2064/), but
> decided against it due to the ripple effect changes in CDRs have on
> users. If you're running into similar behaviour, you may want to
> backport those changes to your version.
>
> Matt

Hi Matt

Thanks for the comprehensive response. I think I had better get
tinkering but at least I'm now better informed.

Ish

--
Ishfaq Malik <ish at pack-net.co.uk>
Department: VOIP Support
e: ish at pack-net.co.uk
w: http://www.pack-net.co.uk

Registered Address: PACKNET LIMITED, 2A ENTERPRISE HOUSE, LLOYD STREET
NORTH, MANCHESTER
SCIENCE PARK, MANCHESTER, M156SE
COMPANY REG NO. 04920552