[asterisk-users] DECT Solution

Patrick Lists asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 24 13:52:26 CST 2013

On 01/24/2013 10:37 AM, Zyumbilev, Peter wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I need to setup system of aroud 60 DECT phones with asterisk.
>
> So far I found
> http://www.grandstream.com/index.php/products/ip-voice-telephony/enterprise-ip-phones/dp715_710
>
> However is there some cheap base station(similar to GSM cell) so I can
> handle all DECT phones centralized and plug it inside asterisk ?

Aastra has DECT base stations that can hook up to an Asterisk server.
Last time I set one up it worked fine. You may want to try out several
different brands of DECT phones and see which one the users like best.
You don't want to get 50 support calls a day from your users complaining
about how much the DECT phones suck.

http://www.aastra.com/product-families.htm?curr_cat=DECT+Infrastructure&curr_type=Family&mode_f=1&mode_c=1&mode_l=4

Polycom also has DECT stuff. I doubt it will come cheap.
http://spectralink.polycom.com/dect_communications/index.html

Regards,
Patrick