[asterisk-users] Realtime vs Static Files

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Wed Jan 23 17:06:22 CST 2013

On 13-01-23 04:41 AM, Dan Journo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're trying to decide whether to switch back to a static file for sip.conf. Currently we use mysql realtime but can't see any real benefit.
>
> Why would someone choose realtime sip over static files?
>
> Thanks

I'm interested in the feedback too.  For years I've used static files
for my needs, and worked around some of the 'realtime' limitation with
them with other tools.  For what we are doing, it works great.

Recently though, I've been more and more considering using
res_config_curl, which uses the realtime interface, and replace some of
the existing toolsets.  Sadly, documentation is weak, and I don't
suspect it gets much love in production.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)