[asterisk-users] Realtime vs Static Files

Dan Journo dan at keshercommunications.com
Wed Jan 23 04:53:19 CST 2013

>All depends by the number of sip peers and the number of addition/deletion you make. If you have static files, you have to "sip reload" every time you add/remove a peer. With realtime is all "realtime". I have switched to realtime peers some times ago with great benefit.

However, there are limitations with realtime. For example, I've noticed that if two asterisk servers share the database, often they both think that the peer is registered. Also the issues with MWI and Qualify=

If I automatically generate sip.conf and automatically issue "sip reload" when needed, I can get the same functionality as realtime without the issues described above.

Have I missed something?

Thanks
Dan
--