[asterisk-users] Asterisk voicemail minimum length / silence settings

Don Kelly dk at donkelly.biz
Tue Jan 22 17:43:35 CST 2013

But with max silence at 2 seconds, couldn't someone leave a 30-second
message, pause for a couple seconds to gather their thoughts or dig up a
phone number, and get hung up on?

I'd think that the 3-second and 10-second settings are sensible. Saving a
message that is known to be total silence has no value.

--Don