[asterisk-users] Annoying delay after main server goes down

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Fri Jan 18 10:11:39 CST 2013

On Fri, 2013-01-18 at 18:06 +0200, Onur Cem Çelebi wrote:
> Hello,
>

> we have distributed lots of cisco spa303 IP phones and get them work
> with Asterisk. I have configured proxy and alternate proxy and enabled
> "dual registration" features in provisioning files(xml files). All
> phones are able to subscribe to both of servers. But the problem is,
> if main server goes down, i am obliged to wait nearly 20 second in
> order to place a call over second server. How to get alternate
> proxy work immediately after first server fails ? Thanks in advance.

I think the failover time will be related to the the registration expiry
setting in the phones.

--
Ishfaq Malik <ish at pack-net.co.uk>
Department: VOIP Support
e: ish at pack-net.co.uk
w: http://www.pack-net.co.uk

Registered Address: PACKNET LIMITED, 2A ENTERPRISE HOUSE, LLOYD STREET
NORTH, MANCHESTER
SCIENCE PARK, MANCHESTER, M156SE
COMPANY REG NO. 04920552