[asterisk-users] Followme Killing Asterisk

A E G all.eforums at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 22:47:09 CST 2013

Alright for anyone who ever runs into this in the future, the problem seems
to be resolved by

a) removing the lines Set(Channel(language)=xxxx) before the Dial and
possibly
b) using the flags 'dI' with followme app

I guess when using Followme, just don't try and set any another variables
that affect the channel ...after calling it and before the Dial
happens...might work before it.

HTH
\a

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 12:58 PM, A E G <all.eforums at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> get a stack trace. That should give us some idea of what happened.
>>

> Thanks for the note Steve. It doesn't sound like there's tremendously
> wrong that I'm doing as far s the configuration is concerned then? and it
> won't be too surprising since the configuration of Followme is quite simple
> assuming the complexities are all handled by the Followme app.
>
> I tried a whole lot of options that "made sense" as Dial options that the
> "Local" channel dial from Followme is being hooked into but it appears
> that, the cause of the crash is most likely that Followme:
>

>    1. Is looking for something to do; bill, log or something after it
>    returns from Dial/call termination but not finding it. I tried using
>    "Answer(nocdr)" at the time the call on the DID is being answered but that
>    didn't help. I have also tried the 'g', 'c', 'C', 'I' and 'i' etc options
>    with the Dial but they don't help either. I had real hopes in the 'g'
>    option to tell it to proceed with the dial plan where I was simply making
>    it return a couple of call status related variables and then just Hangup,
>    but regardless of the 'calling' or the called party hanging up, these
>    number get printed, which means that despite the 'g' option, the call does
>    NOT proceed with the normal/rest of the dialplan
>    2.  Maybe Followme is not built for this purpose where the caller is
>    unknown (which it would be in most cases) but at least the "called party"
>    is usually known AND is a "subscriber"/registered user of the system who is
>    then using the Followme feature to find them when they don't answer their
>    PBX registered phone. What I'm doing calling from outside, having the
>    system answer the call, allow the caller to put in a number and then
>    calling those numbers associated with that extension if it's a Followme
>    extension but the extension itself isn't a registered user in sip.conf or
>    users.conf, and maybe followme app has some procedures it needs to run
>    through as a matter of housekeeping (i.e. accounting, billing, logging etc)
>    that it's not finding info for
>
> Will do a gdb and see what I can find...I'm not a developer so I may not
> be able to pick up a lot from the stack-trace but will pastebin it and see
> if one of the community/developer members can figure out why it's taking a
> dump
>
> Cheers
> \a
>

>>> I have a fairly simple Followme sequence in place to see how it works
>>> before I get into the complex scenarios.
>>>
>>> extensions.conf
>>> ---
>>> [Incoming]
>>> exten => <MyDID>,1, Answer()
>>>         same => n, Set(CHANNEL(language)=en_AU)
>>>         same => n, Followme(TestFollow)
>>>         same => n, NoOp("++Back after Followme: DIALSTATUS =
>>> ${DIALSTATUS}, Hangupcause = ${HANGUPCAUSE}")
>>>         same => n, Hangup()
>>>
>>> [Followme-Dialout]
>>> exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Set(CHANNEL(language)=en_AU)

>>> context => Followme-Dialout
>>> number => <my landline>,30