[asterisk-users] Mail list settings?

Pete Mundy pete at fiberphone.co.nz
Thu Jan 17 18:56:43 CST 2013

On 18/01/2013, at 12:37 PM, Andrew Latham <lathama at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 6:32 PM, Bryant Zimmerman <BryantZ at zktech.com> wrote:
>> For some reason the mailing list is sending all messages from the sending
>> party.
>> This makes it less than ideal when responding; as selecting reply goes to
>> the person and not the list.
>> Can we have it set back to the old way please?
>
> I just checked back over the list emails and Bryant's email appears to
> be unique in this problem.  I assume it is a simple issue somewhere.
> List admins?

My 2c...

Looking back over recent e-mails, it looks to me like Bryant just has a reply-to header on his outbound e-mail's with his e-mail in there. The mailing list is simply allowing his address to remain in the 'reply-to' header (while adding the list's address too).

I've noticed some others do this too (Chui Kingh Man) is an example, but there are others.

So is this a case of the mailing list no longer stripping 'reply-to' headers before adding it's own, or is this simply a case of a few users setting reply-to when most don't, and those users getting replies directly as well as to the list (as one would expect)?

Ie, unless I'm mistaken, it all looks to be operating normally.

But I'd be happy to be proven wrong ;)

Pete Mundy