[asterisk-users] fw: Re: Conf Bridge

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Thu Jan 17 17:26:34 CST 2013

 From: "Andrew Latham" <lathama at gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 3:04 PM
To: bryantz at zktech.com, "Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial
Discussion" <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Conf Bridge

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Bryant Zimmerman <BryantZ at zktech.com>
wrote:
> Hey all.
>
> RE: Conf Bridge.
>
> I am looking into a project that would need 8 to 10 thousand parties in
> single conference.
> Most would be on mute but 5 to 6 would be presenters.
>
> Is the new conf bridge solid enough to handle this kind of load?
> Any ideas on hardware projections?
>
> If not 8 to 10 thousand how many would be realistic?
>
> If not asterisk any other suggestions.
>
> Thanks for any input.
>
> zktech

>>If most are on mute, then have them call into a stream of the actual
conference.

>>~ Andrew "lathama" Latham lathama at gmail.com http://lathama.net ~

>>Andrew sorry for the redundancy please ignore if you like.

Andrew

Thank you for your feed back. We are looking at all of the options, but how
would they call into a stream of the conference? Are you thinking of
stacking multiple asterisk servers?

The fundamental question I am trying to answer is how many participants
could I have in a confbridge and what kind of hardware spec would I need to
get the volume.

Thanks

Bryant