[asterisk-users] Getting UDPTL (SIP): Transmission error: Resource temporarily unavailable

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Wed Jan 16 09:35:05 CST 2013

On Tuesday 15 January 2013, Ahmed Munir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I configured Asterisk 10 for inbound fax, for couple of weeks I didn't see
> any issues until today. The setup  I configured for inbound fax is quite
> simple i.e. Cisco Voice GW sends the fax calls to Asterisk using T.38
> protocol and later Asterisk stores/forwards the fax to specific end user.
>
> The configuration I made in sip.conf for enabling T38 is listed below;
>
> t38pt_udptl = yes,fec,maxdatagram=400
> faxdetect = t38
>
> And in udptl.conf, I just uncommented 'use_even_ports = yes
> ;' and rest of it set as default.
>

> Here is the error I'm usually seeing in Asterisk side;
>
> [Jan 15 14:13:28] NOTICE[20514] udptl.c: UDPTL (SIP/10.3.22.6-00000ad6):
> Transmission error to 10.3.22.6:18428: Resource temporarily unavailable
>
> If this notice comes, it occurs repeatedly unless I need to restart the
> asterisk service. For some reason it also effect the V-GW.
>
> Please advise what is the reason that I'm getting this message and how can
> I avoid it?

That looks a bit like the result of an IP address clash, especially as it is
affecting more than one device.  If there are two "10.3.22.6"s on your network,
then exactly this sort of thing can happen.

Unplug "10.3.22.6", and try pinging it.  If something answers, then you indeed
have a clash.  Check your DHCP server configuration, and make sure any
manually-assigned addresses are outside its pool of addresses.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.