[asterisk-users] Reporting Utility

Ron Wheeler rwheeler at artifact-software.com
Tue Jan 15 09:08:29 CST 2013

When CDR reporting was raised a few days ago, it prompted me to add a
section on how ADTransform could be used to address the problem raised
about consolidating CDR information from various divisional PBXs and
producing consolidated reports.

I wrote a short Use Case article.
http://www.artifact-software.com/?page_id=1666

I also thought about the problem of getting the configuration files into
a readable format such as phone lists that could be distributed and
added a second Use Case.
I am only maintaining our internal PBX so reporting configurations is
not a big issue but I would imagine that for someone maintaining many
clients or many corporate PBXs, having a batch tool that can collect the
data files, produce nice looking reports and automatically upload them
to a portal might be helpful.

I would be grateful for any comments about content, format or my skill
as an artist.:-)

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler