[asterisk-users] How often to restart Asterisk...

Kevin Larsen kevin.larsen at pioneerballoon.com
Fri Jan 11 15:06:53 CST 2013

Had my Asterisk instance stop responding to incoming/outgoing calls today.
Had to kill -9 the asterisk process and restart it to get it back. Not
really looking for help on that as the instance is version 1.6 and is due
to be replaced with an upgraded version shortly.

However, this does make me wonder, do you restart periodically to try to
avoid issues or do you just let things run until there is a problem? This
box had 119 days of up time on the Asterisk process. I have a client that
I installed an Elastix instance on and the last time I checked it, it was
up to almost 500 days of up time without an asterisk restart.

Kevin Larsen - Systems Analyst - Pioneer Balloon - Ph: 316-688-8208