[asterisk-users] DIDForSale spam

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Jan 9 20:16:33 CST 2013

On Wed, 9 Jan 2013, Jai Rangi wrote:

> As a asterisk user my question will be. If some xyz company send you a
> so called spam email, what made you think that you should spam the
> mailing lists. I am sure we all get lots if spam emails every day. If
> you really got some time and talent, why don't you write some good tips
> and tricks about asterisk.

One user posted that he suspected you spammed him and asked if others had
been spammed as well. Maybe he was just being cautious and wanted
confirmation before filing a lawsuit against you. Do you have a 'prior
business relationship' with each and every one of us? Sounds like an
opportunity for a class action lawsuit. Any lawyers on the list?

> Long story short We have a link where you can unsubscribe your email for
> any further communication. http://www.didforsale.com/unsubscribe.php  or
> Send me your email  address I will personally take care of that and will
> remove your email. This will take less than 5 seconds. I am sure there
> will be lot of arguments on why you should that and all.

Right. 'Cause spammers never use their 'unsubscribe' page as a
confirmation of a live address and sell it to all their bottom feeding
brethren.

> I will refrain myself on any further unproductive communication.

Maybe you can find other resources to exploit. I doubt you will find many
customers with so many members with long memories.

--
Thanks in advance,