[asterisk-users] Streaming/Recording audio

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Jan 9 09:02:48 CST 2013

On Wed, 9 Jan 2013, Grant Bagdasarian wrote:

> When playing a file they’re read from /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/.
>
> Is it possible to change this directory to a network directory hosted on
> a windows environment?

You can change 'astdatadir' in asterisk.conf, but that changes the
location of the entire 'tree'.

You can specify an absolute path like
'/my-windows-server/my-special-sounds/beep'

You can create a link from your mounted network directory like:

 	ln -s /my-windows-server/my-special-sounds/\
 		/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/my-special-sounds

You could mount your Windows share as a directory in the sounds directory
like:

 	mount -t cifs ///my-windows-server/my-special-sounds/\
 		/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/my-special-sounds

--
Thanks in advance,