[asterisk-users] Streaming/Recording audio

Grant Bagdasarian GB at cm.nl
Wed Jan 9 03:32:01 CST 2013

Still not receiving emails, but I'll do it like this.

Steve, I made an IVR menu where the user has the option to record a message. I've done this using the Record application.

Once the recording is finished the user gets the option to save the recorded message.

When the user selects this option the recorded message/stream should be sent off to an HTTP handler which capture this and processes the stream and converts it to a valid audio format for playback later.

According to the description of the Record application the filename is available in the dialplan once the recording is finished. This is stored in ${RECORDED_FILE}. I was wondering if I could just use CURL and use some variable where the actual the audio stream is stored in and send if off to my HTTP handler. I'm assuming when I just use the ${RECORDED_FILE} variable only the filename will be sent. Should I use the whole path of the recorded file and use it as a parameter in the CURL application?

About the streaming, no I haven't figured it out yet. I'll take a look at app_ices. I hope it's not deprecated. Thanks!

> Hello,

> For some reason I did not receive any replies related to my question by

> mail, but I found the topic back on the online mailing archives. I hope by

> supplying the same subject this email will be logged in my previously

> created topic instead of a new one. If it does not, I apologize.

> Regarding my second question, is the recorded stream also available in the

> dialplan after the recording has finished?

> Regards,

> Grant

I am not sure what you are asking.  What do you mean "available in the

dialplan"?  What are you trying to do?

Did you figure out your streaming question?  Not sure if it is

deprecated, but app_ices was how I did streaming many moons ago.

Thanks,

Steve T