[asterisk-users] Monitor extensions status.

Luis H. Forchesatto luisforchesatto at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 05:36:10 CST 2013

Greetings.

I got two extensions on my asterisk that autenticates from outside our
network, via internet. Is there a way to monitor, in certain time periods,
if they are available (online) and send some sort of notification if they
don't?

There are two extensions to monitor, they belong to the same queue. Both
must be available to receive calls at the same time and if one or both are
offline I must be notified. They stand behind NAT so making Nagios monitor
will either report wrong extension status (monitoring the NATing
server/router) or simply useless (unless there's a plugin to monitor
asterisk extensions).

But anyway...I'll be open to opinions.

My environment:

- Asterisk 1.6.2.13