[asterisk-users] echo from channel bank

Justin Killen jkillen at allamericanasphalt.com
Mon Jan 7 16:17:57 CST 2013

I have several adtran 624 with 24 FXS ports hooked up to analog phones.  The adtran is connected to asterisk via a channelized T1 into a digium TE820.  I have hardware echo canceling enabled on all channels/spans, but there is still echo on the lines for both calls out of the trunk, as well as station-to-station calls.  I've checked the output of 'dahdi show channel x' and see the echo turned on:

dozer2*CLI> dahdi show channel 149
Channel: 149
File Descriptor: 158
Span: 7
Extension: 98300326
Dialing: no
Context: from-zaptel
Caller ID:
Calling TON: 0
Caller ID subaddress:
Caller ID name:
Mailbox: none
Destroy: 0
InAlarm: 0
Signalling Type: FXS Kewlstart
Radio: 0
Owner: DAHDI/149-1
Real: DAHDI/149-1
Callwait: <None>
Threeway: <None>
Confno: -1
Propagated Conference: -1
Real in conference: 0
DSP: yes
Busy Detection: no
TDD: no
Relax DTMF: no
Dialing/CallwaitCAS: 0/0
Default law: ulaw
Fax Handled: no
Pulse phone: no
Gains (RX/TX): 0.00/0.00
Dynamic Range Compression (RX/TX): 0.00/0.00
DND: no
Echo Cancellation:
        128 taps
        currently ON
Wait for dialtone: 0ms
Actual Confinfo: Num/0, Mode/0x0000
Actual Confmute: No
Hookstate (FXS only): Onhook

I have echocanceller set to HWEC in dahdi/system.conf for all spans, and I have echocancel=yes in chan_dahdi.cfg

I've tried reading some echo cancelation articles, but they seem to be focused on trunks and not on stations.  Also, I'm not 100% sure if this is an issue that I should focus on with asterisk, or if it's something I should first take up with adtran?

I'm using dahdi 2.6.1, asterisk 10.10.0.

Thanks in advance,
-Justin