[asterisk-users] PRI (Primary-NTT)

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Mon Jan 7 11:22:47 CST 2013

Edwin wrote:

> i recently setup an Asterisk system in Hong Kong. their phone
> company told me that their T1 PRI switch type is Primary-NTT.
> however in chan_dahdi.conf there's no such option. i have it
> set to national. it worked fine for a while, but now suddenly
> stop working. in coming call just keep ringing and didn't
> even show up on console. out going call hang up immediately
> with cause code 27. (as usual, phone co. just said it's
> problem with our equipment without giving us any detail).
> anybody have any suggestions?

The last PRI I setup in Hong Kong was configured as a Primary-Net5,
which maps to euroisdn in DAHDI.  That was eight years ago, so things
may have changed, but it is worth a try.

You should also collect some Q.931 logs, as I have seen silly things
like caller-id formatting cause calls to be rejected.  Sadly I cannot
tell you how to accomplish that with DAHDI...

Dan