[asterisk-users] Polycom IP6000 upgrading and looping

Kevin Larsen kevin.larsen at pioneerballoon.com
Fri Jan 4 09:25:06 CST 2013

Justin,

I haven't seen it on that model, but I did have a case awhile back where
it happened to me with a different conference phone. Pretty much the same
symptoms you had. Even more fun it was remote so I couldn't get my hands
on it.

I tracked mine down to being an incorrect firmware for that phone. I
downloaded the recommended firmware for my phone and placed it in a
subdirectory of my ftp server. Then I deleted the link to the old firmware
for that model only and relinked it to the new firmware.

There are two pieces of firmware you might need to look at. There is the
bootrom.ld file for your particular phone and then the sip_xxx.ld file for
your particular phone. Either one of them could be the problem. In my
case, the phone was updating the <mac address>-app.log and <mac
address>-boot.log files, so I did have some clues as  to where it was
running off the rails.

I was able to modify the <mac address>.cfg file to point only the
conference phone to the different firmware so that I could still keep the
other phones on the known working firmware.

Kevin Larsen - Systems Analyst - Pioneer Balloon - Ph: 316-688-8208