[asterisk-users] Verizon SIP "trunking" Field Trial

Michael L. Young myoung at acsacc.com
Thu Jan 3 09:32:13 CST 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Steven Howes" <steve-lists at geekinter.net>
>
> I *think* Verizon require IPSEC for the signalling, so it may be
> worth reading up on configuring IPSEC in Linux (or acquiring
> additional hardware) whilst you're looking at the Asterisk part.
> This could have just been for a specific product / contract or
> something, I don't recall the details exactly.

I should have probably stated that this is going to be going through an MPLS network being setup with Verizon.  They may not be requiring that since it is within their network, not going over the internet.  They have not said anything about the the need to secure the traffic coming from them or to them since the VoIP traffic will be on Verizon's network.

Thanks for the heads up, though.  I will keep that in mind.

Michael