[asterisk-users] User busy issue in A400P 4 FXO card

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Jan 3 03:44:43 CST 2013

On Thursday 03 January 2013, Selva M wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I setup PBX with A400P 4 x FXo board. There are one analog line plugged
> into port 1.
>
>  Internal extension cane make calls to PSTN without any issue.
>
>  When I make inbound call, caller get busy tone "user busy' message right
> away.
>
>  Asterisk log shows following log and internal extension (200) rings for
> that call and hangup (log below).
>
>   I tested the system with some other service provider and it worked fine
> for IB and OB calls.
>
>    i would like to get your feedback to resolve the issue and will
> appreciate your feedback.
>
> Thanks
> Selva

Don't try to run before you can walk.  First of all, simplify your dialplan
right down to the minimum.  Have just this context for calls coming in from
the card:

[from-pstn]
s,1,NoOp(Incoming call from ${CALLERID(num)})
s,2,Dial(200)
s,3,Hangup()
; end of from-pstn context

This will write the caller's number to the console  (step 1)  and ring
extension 200  (step 2).  Alter it if necessary.  Do a reload, and call
yourself from your mobile  (or get an assistant to call you)  while watching
the console.

If it doesn't work, you have a DAHDI problem; most probably your country
settings are wrong  (NB: in some countries, different telephone companies can
actually require different country settings!)  Power your machine off and on
again after changing DAHDI settings, just to make absolutely sure that it
really is using the new ones.

Once you have that very simple dialplan working, then you can start
introducing extra bells and whistles; one at a time, and testing in between
each one and the next.

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.