[asterisk-users] DAHDI: How to know since when it is used? How to shutdown after max time?

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 17:39:13 CST 2013

Hi;

How can I know the duration that the DAHDI channel is still used? I need to know its status and since when it is in this status, how?

Also, is it possible to hangup the channel if it has been openned more than 90 minute? Other than using the timeout in the Dial command (because this I know it).

What is happening with me that from time to time, I find some DAHDI channels are stayed connected (stuck) for long time. I know how to write the extensions.conf in a way to handle the hangup properly, also I send the incoming calls to the voicemail to be sure it is hanged up properly. One more thing, I set the rtptimeout in case there is any problem in the sip phone and the network .. But, still after sometime, I am surprised that some channels are stuck and stayed connected and then I have to reset it manually !! This is happening only in the analoge channels.

What other than the rtptimeout, the hangup in the extensions.conf, the voicemail? Is there anything I have to take care for it that might cause this stuck and keeping the channel openned?

By the way, for such cases, what should I place the value of the rtpkeepalive as currently it is 0?

What other things I have to take care for it?

Regards
Bilal