[asterisk-users] Top Posting

john at millican.us john at millican.us
Wed Jan 2 11:00:32 CST 2013

On 1/2/2013 11:30 AM, Richard Kenner wrote:
>>> If things were properly trimmed, the email would be short enough that it
>>> really doesn't matter that much if the new material is on the top or
>>> bottom, but people who top-post and don't trim create really hard-to-follow
>>> emails.
>> Not really true often times when people do the right thing and post
>> debug and conf files often required to get meaningful help.
> Yes, but if you put those at the end, where they belong, people reading
> the email can follow the thread quite easily and can ignore those if
> they don't need them.  Certainly only a tiny part of such, if any at all,
> should be included in a reply.

Ok folks, could not stop myself any longer.   This pissing and moaning
is foolish to say the least.  There was a post a while ago in the
original hijacked thread by Steve Edwards that gave a link to the "rules
of the list" at:
http://www.asterisk.org/community/discuss/

GO READ THEM!

Directly before the list of Rules is:

Show consideration. It's important to read the rules before posting on a
mailing list.

Sage advice if you ask me, and yes I know nobody actually asked me.

It is not hard to follow the rules .  If the nice folks at Digium took
the time to post rules we should at least TRY to follow them. If you do
not like the rules you can always petition Digium to change them but,
taking up bandwidth on the list in this all to frequent pissing match is
a futile waste of time.

Grow up, follow the rules, have a good day.
JohnM