[asterisk-users] new user help required to build voice recorder with asterisk

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Wed Jan 2 06:29:06 CST 2013

Top post for the New Year.

Yes, if you might scale up to 60 or more simultaneous calls,
definitely look at OrecX or RTPTap because you will run into I/O
issues.  Not sure what current hardware can accommodate but it is best
not to find out.

Considering the very low cost of hardware these days compared with the
cost of possible downtime, poor audio, lost recordings or whatever
else you can assign a monetary value, I always suggest a separate
machine for "Passive" recording when dealing with more than a handful
of simultaneous calls.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro